Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Redwoods and the coastline

I have taken so many pics with my new fancy camera and have hardly any on my phone or smaller camera.  These are the ones I'm downloading from.    So some of the photos I don't have the important things like where they were taken!  What a crack up I am.  So I will post our beginning and ending points along with some pictures unless I remember exactly.  Well breakfast was at Antonio's Mexican food restaurant.  Someone told us where it was and recommended it.  I think it is comparable to like a Federico's in Phoenix!  lol  It wasn't bad, but not quite what we were looking for.  Then we moved on up the coast to the famous drive thru tree.  It's called the Chandelier Tree in Leggett, CA.  Everyone was taking pictures when Stan drove thru cuz we barely fit in.  It was kind of hysterical everyone rushing up to take a picture, saying wait for the red car it's gonna be best!  lol  People are so strange!  Then we stopped for lunch at a little store called the Peg house deli.  The sandwiches were great!  I had turkey, tomato, lettuce, avocado.  Yummy! Next on our to do list was Avenue of The Giants.  Where you could see some of the biggest redwoods.  We started getting tired soon after and decided to start looking for a room.  We went thru 3 or 4 towns before saying we are stopping at the next place no matter what.  We ended up at the Blue Anchor Inn in Crescent City.  What a room!  We were so tired at that point that when we checked in we almost didn't want to leave the room. We ate and went to bed.

 Here is the tree, the ones with the car~ on the good camera! lol


 Stan standing next to one the the widest ones in the Avenue.

 A view of our drive
 The view from our room in Crescent City, CA
Really?????  lol
 This was our room!  ahhhhh!  space!
 This was in the morning fog!

No comments:

Post a Comment